Friday, January 13, 2012

On My Way to Cali....

OK, not really, but close!

I need to get motivated to lose the weight and get back into shape! I was inspired by fellow knitter (and world famous yarn dyer!) Shannon who created her own blog to track her journey.

I've always wanted to go to San Francisco so what better way to get there? And just maybe, after I meet my goal, Peter will take me! So from Manchester, NH to San Francisco, CA is 3,186 miles (according to Mapquest). I don't think I'm going to set a target date just yet.

Now a little bit about me. I just turned 40 years old in November, 2011. I have been married to my amazing husband, Peter, for almost 13 years! We have two amazing, wonderful, lovable, trying, testing, growing children; Owen is 11 1/2 and Julianna will be 10 in a few weeks. I simply adore my family and I thank God everyday for them.

I work full-time as an Office/Accounting Manager for a local Advertising/Marketing company. I adore my job (don't tell my boss) but I would adore more time to quilt, knit and tat.

Today, Friday the 13th I started phase one in my get fit plan, a juice fast. My friend, Barbara, lent me her juicer so I didn't have to go buy one just yet - which is GREAT! I'm planning on doing the juice fast for 10 days until 1/23/12. My goal is to loose 15 pounds on the fast, so if I don't make that by the 23rd, I'll extend it. I think I'm going to hold off on starting my walk to Cali until next Monday - see how the juice fast effects my body.

I'm going to try to be very honest on this blog - through good times and bad. So for the details that are so very hard to admit... I'm 5' 2" tall and I currently weigh 197 pounds (YIKES)!! My goal weight is 125 pounds - which is the healthy weight for my height.

Here we go...

No comments: